Everyone is different, and everyone is welcome at Gala.
We try hard to ensure that the facilities at Gala are accessible to all:
- lifts to all levels and accessible toilets located throughout
- our main auditorium and both cinemas have wheelchair spaces available – if using a wheelchair, please just advise the Box Office when booking to ensure your seats or spaces are allocated accordingly
- for our disabled customers who need a little more help, we offer a personal assistant ticket free of charge
- assistance dogs are welcome at Gala
- we operate the Sennheiser infrared amplification system in our main auditorium – headsets are available at Box Office
Our café staff are trained to be aware of the needs of breast-feeding mothers, and we also have baby changing facilities on all levels.
We host relaxed performances of selected shows, designed to welcome audiences who might otherwise feel excluded from live theatre. With a relaxed performance, we aim to create a less formal, more supportive environment. Audiences are free to talk or move around if they need to, and a ‘chill out’ space is available for anyone who needs a break. Lighting, sound and special effects are slightly altered in order to reduce anxiety levels, but the production remains the same, as much as possible. Staff are trained to create a friendly setting and assist with any additional needs our patrons may have.
For any access enquiries, please contact us at the Box Office, and if you need any assistance while in Gala, our staff will be pleased to help.