We want everyone who visits our website to be able to access the full range of services available, regardless of their skill or technology.
How accessible the site is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible.
There are known issues with the:
- 3rd party functionality: areas of the site which are developed by external 3rd party companies
- content: this includes documents
What to do if you have problems or queries
If you have any accessibility problems or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to contact us about any other issues, please use our contact us page.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
We are committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Under the Equality Act 2010 we must ensure we do not unlawfully discriminate in our service delivery and make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities where necessary. We are constantly working to improve the accessibility and usability of our site.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Spectrix booking system
This is 3rd party software that we do not have full control over. We have contacted the company to try and get the issues fixed.
- links: these do not have underlining making it hard for colour-blind users to see them, failing success criterion 1.4.1
- background colours: some text / background colours do not have enough contrast, failing success criterion 1.4.3
- page titles: pages titles are not unique, failing success criterion 2.4.2
- headings: empty headings fail success criterion 2.4.6
- colours: some body or element colours are set, but not all of them, failing success criteria 1.4.3, 1.4.6 and 1.4.8
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- PDFs and documents (pre September 2018): PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 or documents that are not essential to providing our services
- maps unless they provide core information
- content that’s under someone else’s control that we haven’t paid for or developed ourselves:
- social media buttons
- embedded social media feeds
Preparation of this statement
This statement was prepared on July 2021. It was last reviewed on 14 August 2021.
We re-assess the code, design and content of a website, application or system for accessibility whenever it undergoes a major modification. We do this internally using a combination of automated and manual checking.
Main site page content is manually checked every time it is updated.