We are delighted to offer weekly workshops for young people this autumn.
These will start on Saturday 25 September and will run until Saturday 11 December (please note there will be no sessions during half term on Saturday 23 October or Saturday 30 October).
The age groups are as follows:
- five to eight (school years one to three)
- eight to 12 (school years four to seven)
- 12 and above (school year eight and above)
These stand-alone workshops will consist of a wide range of themes including acting, dance, vocal techniques, stage combat, directing and more. All workshops take Place at Durham Johnston School unless otherwise stated. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before the start time.
You can choose which dates to attend. The weekly cost is £12 (or £10 for a second child). Payment can also be made at our Box Office in person or on 03000 266 600. You can book for all 10 workshops by contacting the Box Office.
On receipt of payment, you will receive a ticket that will need to be shown on arrival at every workshop. The Box Office will also send out a contact form for you to complete and return. Please note that your child’s place is not secure until both payment and a contact form have been received.
- Foundation Workshop: Dance, Acting and Singing
- Foundation Workshop: Musical Theatre
- Foundation Workshop: Performance Techniques
- Juniors Workshop: Dance, Acting and Singing
- Juniors Workshop: Musical Theatre
- Juniors Workshop: Performance Technique
- Academy Workshop: Dance, Acting and Singing
- Academy Workshop: Dance and Singing
- Academy Workshop: Hairspray
- Academy Workshop: Musical Theatre
- All our staff will be wearing a face covering until a class starts.
- We will be advising our staff to regularly take a lateral flow test and we ask that students do the same prior to attending.
- While we do not ask the children to wear a mask, we would ask any adult dropping off or collecting to please consider wearing a face covering, particularly when indoors.
- We will be providing hand sanitiser for students and staff and will ask that hands are sanitised before and after each class, and on arrival and departure from the school. If your child has sensitive skin please provide them with their own sanitiser. Handwashing facilities will also be available.
- We will be ventilating the educational spaces for the sessions.
- Cleaning of the areas will be undertaken prior to and in between sessions.
- Where possible we will be keeping the children within their smaller groups.
- If your child is displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 we ask that you do not bring them to the session and advise that a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test is taken as soon as possible. If the test is negative, then the child can return.
- If your child does show symptoms and tests positive during the sessions, please let us know as soon as possible so we can work with public health colleagues to protect others.